New small talk scheduling algorithm
September 13, 2020
This is our weekly update, and we’d greatly appreciate any feedback.
New features / significant changes:
- Small talks diversify. The new scheduling algorithm will ensure that you don’t meet with the same people more often than every four weeks. This will increase the chances of having fun, informal discussions with a larger number of colleagues.
- Small talks defragmentation. You could have experienced a situation when automatically scheduled small talks created more breaks in all-meets. The new scheduling algorithm is optimized to schedule small talks during existing breaks between regular meets and will never create new breaks. When that’s not possible, small talks will be scheduled right before or right after a regular meet without a break.
Small improvements & bug fixes:
- [IMPROVEMENT] Maximum one small talk per person a day
- [IMPROVEMENT] Small talks now respect “Require 5-minute breaks” user preference
- [BUG] Meet can be canceled when you edit meet and discard changes
- [BUG] “Defer until at least” indicator wasn’t displayed on a meet card if they meet can’t be scheduled
- [BUG] Scheduler estimates December 31st in edit mode for meets that can’t be scheduled
- [BUG] Follow-up option shouldn’t be available for small talks
Written by Gene Podolyak
Follow Gene on Twitter